Monday, August 07, 2006

Monday (early evening)

This morning started with Macadamia Nut pancakes, topped with coconut syrup. It probably should have started with a session out at Tongs, now that I've got Fred's board, but it was windy and small.

Sue logged in and worked remotely for the better part of the morning. I went out for a run around Kapiolani Park and the Zoo. It feels good to be running again. It always does when I come back home and start up again. I can never seem to sustain it back on the mainland though. It's just one of my Hawai`i things, I guess.

I got the guitar out for the first time on the trip. It's going to take a while for me to regain my calluses. But it's nice to be playing again.

After Sue got caught up with her work stuff we decided to take a leisurely stroll down to Keo's for a Thai lunch. Unfortunately, the stroll was a little too leisurely and we arrived just as they were putting the closed sign on the door. :-( So we continued strolling. Saigon Thai doesn't even serve lunch. Pho just didn't seem to fit the bill. The Brew Moon doesn't have a kitchen in their Waikiki location (but the beer is just $3 all summer long). Finally we found ourselves at a Korean BBQ spot in the International Market Place.

We finally strolled back into the condo around 5 or so, ready for a beer. Not sure what we'll be doing for dinner, my feet are tired and I don't feel like walking back to town. We'll probably find something in the fridge, good thing we stocked up the larder before we turned in the car.

Life is settling into a slower pace. I hope it doesn't become too boring for you reading along at home.

No comments: