Friday, August 04, 2006

Day 5 (Early morning)

The latest predicted swell has not quite arrived, but there seem to be hints. The trades are back with a vengeance, making the prospect of paddling out to one of the Diamond Head breaks a chilly affair. Still, I may take the boogie board out to Tongs in a little bit. The waves appear rather disorganized, as does the small crowd of surfers out there. Boogie boarders are the hyenas of the surf world, scavenging the waves that the surfers miss and giggling like, well, you get the picture.

For those of you following our menu. Last night's dinner was fresh Au, sauted in garlic and ginger, with rice and a bed of romaine lettuce. We also had a very ono plate lunch at Ala Moana food court - I had the Kalua Pig with Cabbage, while Sue had the Chicken Long Rice. The girls had spaghetti (what can ya do?).

Update

I paddled on out to Tongs. The sets were infrequent but about 4' and sweeping wide. The surfers, while decent wave riders, didn't seem to know the break very well and would lose the lineup between sets. I remembered some of my old lineup markers and eventually I was sitting on the peak by myself. Caught a few nice drops and skimmed along the faces. My attempts at spinners were mostly 180s, giving me a nice view of the wave before it ran me over.

Came in and made a breakfast of fresh pineapple and papaya, pancakes with coconut syrup, toast, and Lion's Kona Coffee.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's in the next post.