Saturday, July 05, 2008

We've arrived!


A quick post to say that we've arrived. Janice picked Clay, Sue, and I up at the airport and took us back to their place. Greg was working the grill and we all enjoyed a 4th of July Picnic that couldn't be beat.

Clay and I wen hele over to da 7-11 and got da kine bus passes for the three of us and then Janice took us down to our hotel in Waikiki. The view from our lanai at the Prince Kuhio is awesome: a perfectly framed shot of Queens.

Later that night we wandered down to the Kapahulu wall and watched the fireworks displays. The one over Magic Island was most impressive (pictures to follow soon). When that finished the amateur displays began directly overhead and lasted on into the night.

Nice of the people of Hawai`i to welcome us back home with such style.

1 comment:

Cap'n Bob said...

I'm not 100% sure, but I think Marty's place is about a block down on the left (looking at the water as in this pic).

I always loved that break, one of my best rides ever was there and my first "contest" wave, too.