Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Caution: Objects in calendar are closer than they appear.

Two months to go and I don't know if I'm much closer to being ready than I was at the three month mark. I have been hitting the gym 2-3 times per week which I guess is a good thing, but I don't know if I'm ready to paddle out into anything big. I'll get there.

Today I rode my bike to work as part of a regional Bike-to-Work month promotion. Normally I haul my bike off of the plateau and ride from there, but today I started right from the house. Now, mind you, the trip to Redmond is mostly downhill and steeply downhill at that; I still need to get home. We'll have to see how that goes.
(CODA: Went golfing with Sue after work instead, and she gave me and the bike a ride home)

We've already had a couple of High Surf Advisory days on the south shore. I'm hoping that this augurs well for this summer. I'd love to see a steady background of 4 foot days with weekly spikes to, say, 10 feet. That's not too much to ask for is it?

BTW - Hawai`i Surf Session Report (link at left) has some good footage of the latest swell.

Two months, gang.

2 comments:

Cap'n Bob said...

No one is ever REALLY ready to paddle out into anything 'big'! ;) We just DO it cause the folks we're with would think we're chicken....LOL!!

PS...it's "augurs" when you're talking future, and "auger" when you're talking the tool to dig holes! ;)

Unknown said...

Ah the power of peer pressure. Well, if we're going to play chicken, I'm not gonna be the one to back down. "Hey, guys, it's breaking over the channel marker at Bowls, I'll go out if you will." Say 'no', say 'no', say 'no'

As I was typing 'augers' I thought to myself that I need to check that. And then I didn't. Oh well.